College

Hi, I'd like to start off by apologizing for not updating in so long. I've been settling into my college and it's honestly been a blast here. I've only been here for two weeks officially (three with this one) and I can say it's probably the best decision I've made in a while. 
My first day, I was excited for this new start in life. It was a chance to learn about other ways of life and it was a chance to get away from everything going on back home with both friends and family. I was anxious to meet new people, anxious to see what life had in store for me here. If we're going to be honest, there was really no reason for me to be anxious. I made friends almost instantly and everyone was really nice and it all felt so welcoming (btw Oklahoma people are really nice and Texas people aren't :/ ). My roommate is really chill and she's really nice and I couldn't have asked for someone better to live with. I've hung out with people within days of meeting them and I really couldn't be more thankful for them. Naturally, I'm not too much of a people person, but I'm glad I found people who were accepting of who I am already. 
Not only am I continuing my education, I'm also opening my mind up to religion and faith. If you read No Religion, then you know I never felt the need to be religious because it was always forced upon me by those older than me for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I hated it then, and I thought I'd hate it here too, but I was shown how God can work through the kindness of others. It's a bit ironic, but I'm working on it, I promise. 
I'm sure you hear it often, but I'm excited for college. I barely started, so I don't know much about it or whatever, but I can say that I'm glad I'm here. Of course, the workload is overwhelming since it's college, but man I love it here. I get to meet so many people and I get to meet amazing professors and learn all sorts of things (btw please take AP exams if you can, it'll help you get ahead in your credits and you might be able to graduate early). Of course, I do miss my friends and family (though some more than others), but that's to be expected since I moved like 8 hours away from home. But even so, I'm learning to be on my own and I'm okay with it. 

Comments