Process

Hi. As I'm sure most of you are aware, I started this blog with the intention of sharing my experiences. Over the few months I've had it, it's not only been about my experiences, but rather also about my opinions. And for the most part, most of the upcoming blogs are going to be about those opinions. So let me begin. 
I come from a family of immigrants, both documented and not. I've had loved ones have to hide at work and avoid going home to avoid being taken into custody by ICE. Having to hear about how people like those I love are being ripped away from their families because they "broke the law" by coming here for a better future for themselves or their families makes me so angry, I can't even begin to express it. Let me just remind y'all, just because a law exists doesn't mean it's ethical or correct in any way. 
People come to this country in search of a better life, in search of asylum, in search of the liberty this country loves to boast about but doesn't offer. Not to poc anyway. I read tons of comments daily about how people trying to come to this country "should do it legally". While I agree, the issue isn't with the people coming here, it's with the process they have to go through in order to get those documents. People spend about $725 just to apply and spend an average of $6,000 to $8,000 but it can typically range from as little as $4,000 up to $11,300 to obtain citizenship. While it may take some about 6 months to get their application reviewed, it sometimes takes up to multiple decades. And even so, there's no guarantee the application will be approved. Keep this in mind. 

Comments