Bittersweet

The first semester of college is basically over. Just about three more weeks until winter break & about two for finals (or at least for me anyway). Obviously, I've got pretty mixed feelings about the next few weeks. I'm trying my best to get everything in order for myself, but man, I've got so much to do and not enough time to do it. 
Finals are swamping me, but you know what? I got this. I've got great friends and family members. I've got a pretty stable support system. I'm going home in a few weeks and I'm gonna get to see my family and chill with my friends and play with my dogs. But even as I look forward to all that, I look behind me into the past 3 or so months and I see all the memories I've made with the new people I've become so close with since moving here. 
I see all the late night Walmart trips to by groceries we'd finish by the end of the week, the times we've gone to Pet Smart in the middle of the day to buy stuff for our fish, the times we'd gone to Taco Bell or McDonald's to buy chicken nuggets or tacos we were craving all day. These girls took me in the day that I came here and made me feel like I could do just about anything. They pushed me to be my best self and encouraged me to go to class and work out and do my work. I love them and I really don't know how I would've gotten this far without them. I'm tired, but man this semester has been a hell of a trip. It's all so bittersweet really. 

Comments