Home

It's been a while, huh? I apologize to those who really care about these, I've just had the most hectic week. But anyway, let's talk about something that I was warned about and decided to ignore because I'm an idiot: homesickness. Now, I should probably mention that I'm currently in college, in a school that's about 7 or so hours away from my home. So why am I an idiot? Well, let's just say that I forgot that I get homesick easily (again, because I'm a fool). 
Even so, I probably wouldn't change that for anything in the world. I've met the best people (I know y'all are probably tired or hearing it by now but whatever) and have learned so many things that at this point my brain cells are completely done with themselves. I adore everything about this campus, except for a few things (like the fact that it can get boring sometimes and the very subtle but present racism and homophobia). I also can't go home as much as I wish I could, but it's for a good reason. I miss my family, I'm not gonna lie, but they came to this country for their kids to get an education when they couldn't. I left the state to go out and learn to be independent for my own well being, and as much as I miss home, I have to prove that my family's sacrifices were not made in vain but rather in an act of bravery. 
I love my family. I miss home, but home is where you make it. Always bring something to remind you of home, it'll always be there with you. 

Comments