Chance

Growing up, college never seemed like a possibility. No one in my family had ever gone to college, or at least not to a four-year school. I have a couple of family members that went to community college, but no one had gotten anything further than an associate's degree. No one had ever gone to college straight out of high school. In fact, some of my loved ones never even made it past middle school. 
My parents came to this country for better opportunities not only for their children, but for themselves as well. They've managed to give us just that. I'm going to be attending college in a completely different state in about 23 days. My sister's going to be attending high school in about 5 days. My little brother's going to be starting kindergarten in about 9 days. Thanks to them, we have all sorts of opportunities. They opened the door to a world of opportunities. 
I'm going to be the first in my family to go to college. I'm going to be the first one to get a bachelor's degree. And I couldn't be more thankful. Thank you to my family. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for any of you. 

Comments