Mentor

When I was little, I'd look at my family members and think about how much they'd gone through and how successful they were despite those struggles. I saw them as my role models. They taught me different things, all of which tied together to keep me safe and to teach me lessons. 
Thing is, I never knew I was a role model for anyone in my life. I never realized that people actually looked up to me. I always saw myself as just another part of someone's life. It still astounds me that anyone would look up to me. But I know some do. Especially those like my little brother. He sees me as his older sister, but he also looks up to me as a role model. 
It's bewildering, really. I haven't done much in my life and for someone to look up to me despite that trips me out. You never truly know how much you matter to someone. I actually look up to my best friend and a few of my other friends. They're all insanely smart, passionate, and just caring people. They're strong and make me feel like I could be too. 
No matter what you think, someone looks up to you. As little as we may think about it, you've caused someone's life to change. Keep that in mind. Life is a hell of a trip, make sure you use yours to prove that.

Comments