Memories

You always hear about high school being hell for everyone that goes. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. It all varies based on personal experiences. For me, it wasn't a complete hell, but there were times when it came close to it. 
My freshman, sophomore, and senior year all flew by ridiculously fast. My junior year felt like it'd never end. That year was the most stressed I'd ever been and it interfered with a lot of things in my life, including my schoolwork, family, and friends. I was angry all the time for stupid reasons. I would snap at my friends if I was even slightly annoyed. I would talk back constantly to my parents. It was just a mess. 
Around the time tests started rolling around, I was even worse. I was annoyed and increasingly erratic. I ended up going to the school's counselor since I knew I needed some sort of help calming myself down. I learned a lot about myself that first day. Stress was a main cause of my depression and test-taking gave me anxiety. I had to fix myself before I fell too far, so I did. 
I went to see the counselor, which helped since I had someone completely neutral to talk to. I went out with my friends, who helped me enjoy my time away from home. I would go and visit my tias, which helped with not being trapped at home and with calming me down since they would take me places to go hang out, like a frozen yogurt place or a park. I would talk to the teachers I was close to at school, which helped me since they always had some sort of advice for me no matter what was going on. I would go running at a local park, which let me release my anger in a healthy way and would also help me feel good about myself. Every little thing helped. I just hadn't found those things yet. 
I had some really good times in high school. I made memories with friends I'll never forget. I laughed at so many stupid comments and I made a few myself. Sometimes, I'd just sit in class and watch everything around me. I'd watch as my friends would laugh and smile at each other and it just reminded me that high school would end at some point and this is all I'd have left of it. Just memories. 

Comments